LaCie’s 2big USB 3.0 has reached 306MB/s which is 20% speed boost and is the fastest performance of any 2-bay RAID solution available in market. LaCie’s 2big USB 3.0 achieved the mark by inclusion of two 3TB hard drives and USB 3.0. The LaCie’s d2 USB 3.0 also attains significant speed increase of 156MB/s with the inclusion of a 3TB hard drive. LaCie 2big USB 3.0 6TB and LaCie d2 USB 3.0 3TB will be available at the beginning of November.
SanDisk has announced the availability of its smallest USB flash drive in U.S. and Canada, SanDisk Cruzer® Blade available in capacities ranging from 2GB to 16GB. The SanDisk Cruzer® Blade is about the size of a standard size paper clip and weighs approximately the same as a penny, creating a tiny footprint that fits easily on a keychain or mobile phone dongle. SanDisk Cruzer Blade USB flash drive is available now in the United States and Canada at sandisk.com, with prices ranging from $14.99 to $77.99.
LaCie has announced the rugged USB flash drives, XtremKey with capacities up to 64GB and an impenetrable shell. USB flash drives, shields the XtremKey’s premium flash memory modules inside a 2mm metal pipe casing. Sealed with wear-resistant screw threads and a rubber O-ring, it is watertight up to 100 meters. The LaCie XtremKey is also resistant to 5-meter drops, fierce heat and bitter cold.
XtremKey is constructed with zamac( alloy made of zinc, aluminum, magnesium and copper) and Equipped with the Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interface. The LaCie XtremKey comes in capacities from 8GB to 64GB and will be available starting at $49.99.
Sandisk has introduced its latest solid state drive at COMPUTEX Taipei, SanDisk® SSD G4 which serves as a drop-in replacement for hard disk drives in notebooks while the SanDisk® SSD P4 successor to the widely used pSSD modular drive that enables more thinner devices. SanDisk SSD P4 and SanDisk SSD G4 offer up to 128GB and 256GB of storage respectively double the capacities of the Sandisk’s previous SSD offerings. High-volume production of the drives is expected in the Q3 2010 and will be available to the OEM’s in that timeframe.
LaCie introduces dual-disk Gigabit network storage and media server, the LaCie Network Space MAX, design by Neil Poulton. The Network Space MAX includes two large-capacity hard drives that can be configured for maximum security (RAID 1) or maximum capacity (RAID 0). If protecting your data is a priority, the RAID 1 mode will ensure automatic disk mirroring.
The Network Space MAX features a media server, making it easy to stream files to any connected computer or any UPnPTM/DLNA® compliant device (such as a PlayStation®3 or Xbox®). Computers with iTunes® installed can also stream the music stored on the Network Space MAX.
The LaCie Network Space MAX starts in 2TB capacity through the LaCie Online Store, LaCie Corner, LaCie Reseller+ starting at the price of $279.99.
SanDisk has announced that it is shipping the Xbox 360® USB Flash Drive by SanDisk for the Microsoft Xbox 360 gaming and entertainment console. Pre-configured for seamless plug and play action, the drive eliminates the need to format storage or download an initial software update for an Xbox 360 console.
"SanDisk has a proven track record of creating high-quality storage solutions," said Ilan Spillinger, Vice President, Xbox Hardware and Technology, Microsoft. "The Xbox 360 USB Flash Drive by SanDisk provides a great solution for gamers who need portable storage for their Xbox 360 content. It’s plug and play simple."
The Xbox 360 USB Flash Drive by SanDisk is available in 8 gigabyte (GB)1 and 16GB capacities, carrying suggested retail prices of $34.99 and $69.99, respectively at SanDisk.com and major retailers.
Seagate has introduced new FreeAgent® external hard drives, its new GoFlex™ storage solutions. The FreeAgent® GoFlex™ storage family includes easy, plug-and-play portable and desktop drives, with an array of interchangeable cables and desktop adapters that allow each drive to adapt to the interface or device being used.
“GoFlex™ interface cables are about providing the speed, performance and connectivity people need to support their interaction with their digital content. The explosive growth of video capture and multimedia collecting is expanding personal digital libraries to terabytes worth of content within the home,” said Dave Mosley, executive vice president, Sales, Marketing and Product Line Management at Seagate.
The GoFlex™ cable system enables the GoFlex™ and GoFlex™ Pro ultra-portable USB 2.0 drives to be upgraded to USB 3.0, eSATA or FireWire 800 connections simply by switching out the cable adapter and provide even more applications like auto backup. Seagate will also include an NTFS driver for Mac® OS X on all GoFlex portable and desktop offerings, enabling storage and access of files from both Windows® and Mac computers.
GoFlex storage family includes:
- GoFlexTM ultra portable drive —The core of the GoFlex™ Storage System. Available in 14.5mm and 22mm versions and includes a USB 2.0 cable. MSRP $99.99 for 320GB [silver, black]; $129.99 for 500GB (silver, black, red, blue); $169.99 for 750GB [silver and black]; $199.99 for 1TB [silver, black].
- GoFlex™ ultra portable drive, drive-only version—MSRP $89.99 for 320GB [silver, black]; $119.99 for 500GB [silver, black, red, blue]; $159.99 for 750GB [silver and black]; $189.99 for 1TB [silver, black].
- GoFlex™ Pro ultra portable drive kit —A 7200RPM, 2.5” drive that delivers premium backup with encryption and includes a USB 2.0 cable. MSRP $139.99 for 500GB; $189.99 for 750GB [black].
- GoFlex™ Pro ultra portable drive, drive-only version—MSRP $129.99 for 500GB; $179.99 for 750GB [black].
- GoFlex™ Desk external drive kit — Delivers high-capacity storage and automatic, continuous backup with encryption for all your files and includes a USB 2.0 cable. MSRP $129.99 for 1TB [black]; $199.99 for 2TB [black].
- GoFlex™ Desk external drive, drive-only version—MSRP $119.99 for 1TB [black]; $189.99 for 2TB [black].
GoFlex Cables and Adapters:
- GoFlex™ Cable – USB 2.0— The baseline interface for your GoFlex™ and GoFlex™ Proultra-portable drives. MSRP $19.99.
- GoFlex™; Upgrade cable – USB 3.0— Equips your GoFlex™ and GoFlex™ Pro ultra-portable drives to deliver up to 10x faster transfer of files vs USB 2.0, while being backwards compatible. MSRP $29.99.
- GoFlex™ Upgrade cable kit–USB 3.0—Includes ExpressCard adapter to update a laptop and GoFlex™ ultra-portable drives from USB 2.0 to USB 3.0 and deliver up to 10x faster transfer of files than USB 2.0, MSRP $79.99.
- GoFlex™ Upgrade cable – FireWire® 800 —Upgrades your GoFlex™ and GoFlex™ Pro ultra-portable drives to deliver 2x faster transfer speed over USB 2.0. MSRP $39.99.
- GoFlex™ Upgrade cable kit – eSATA—Empowers your GoFlex™ and GoFlex™ Pro ultra-portable drives to deliver up to 6x faster performance over USB 2.0. MSRP $19.99.
- GoFlex™ Upgrade cable – Auto Backup —Delivers continuous backup and protection of data giving consumers the peace of mind that their data is backed up, while leaving capacity for basic drag-and-drop file transfer. MSRP $29.99.
- GoFlex™ Desk Desktop adapter—USB 3.0 —Allows the GoFlex™ Desk to deliver up to 10x faster transfer speed over USB 2.0 for your desktop PC. MSRP $39.00.
- GoFlex™ Desk Desktop adapter kit—USB 3.0 —Includes PCI Express adapter to upgrade a desktop PC and GoFlex™ Desk external drive for USB 3.0 performance, MSRP $79.00.
- GoFlex™ Desk Desktop adapter —FireWire® 800/USB 2.0—Upgrades your GoFlex™ Desk external drive to deliver 2x faster performance over USB 2.0 with FireWire® 800/USB 2.0 for your desktop PC. MSRP $49.99.
GoFlex Storage System Devices:
- GoFlex™ TV HD media player —Allows for enjoyment of digital content on a TV. MSRP $129.99 for media player only.
- GoFlex™ Net media sharing device —Enables instant, easy access and sharing of content over a network. MSRP $99.99.
- GoFlex™ Intelligent dock —Transforms the GoFlex ultra portable drive into the perfect desktop solution that delivers convenient file access and backup with an easy-to-view capacity gauge. MSRP $29.99.
LaCie announced the latest addition to its Rugged family of mobile hard drives – the LaCie Rugged USB 3.0, Housed in the award–winning Rugged casing designed by Neil Poulton, the LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 features a unique scratch–resistant aluminum shell, internal anti–shock absorbers, and a shock–resistant rubber bumper to better protect files against everyday blunders.
"We are pleased to add USB 3.0, the fastest interface available, to our most recognized mobile solution," Anne–Sophie Marchand, Consumer Product Manager. "Now the most demanding customers can get the best performance out of a 2.5" hard drive – making the Rugged USB 3.0 the only hard drive necessary for work in the field."
The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 provides speeds up to 110 MB/s – three times the speed of USB 2.0. The LaCie Rugged USB 3.0 is also backward compatible with USB 2.0 and will be available in 500GB capacity starting at the suggested retail price of $149.99.
Transcend launched its StoreJet 25D3 2.5-inch shockproof USB 3.0 portable hard drive. The SuperSpeed USB 3.0 model offers much better performance than USB 2.0 external hard drives and it is also backward compatible with USB 2.0. StoreJet 25D3 drive`s seemingly delicate case with gloss piano finish is a shock-dampening system that incorporates internal suspension technology. While the sleek, mirror-like exterior enhances tactile and visual appeal, the advanced internal hard drive suspension system helps prevent damage from accidental slips or falls during travel that may result in massive data loss. Also an eco-friendly drive, the StoreJet 25D3 is designed to automatically go into power-saving sleep mode after ten minutes of inactivity, allowing energy-savings of up to 40%.
StoreJet 25D3 and StoreJet 25D2 portable hard drives are backed up by an 3-year warranty, and come bundled with Transcend`s own StoreJet Elite software that offers intelligent backup scheduling, Internet tools and 256-bit AES encryption. StoreJet 25D3 is now available in 500GB capacity, while the StoreJet 25D2 is available in 250GB, 320GB, 500 GB and 640GB capacities in classic black
A-DATA has announced the shipment of NH01, the first 2.5-inch portable hard drive equipped with the latest USB 3.0 interface. NH01 deliver astounding data transfer rates than USB 2.0. Other than its superior transfer speed, USB 3.0 also provides improved interaction between device and host computer to deliver enhanced energy efficiency compared to its predecessor.
NH01 comes in capacities up to 640GB and it is elegant and stylish with a glossy front panel and coating around the enclosure. It is also compactly designed to fit right in the pocket. NH01 supports the easy plug-and-play on compatible platforms and is also backward compatible with USB 2.0 at a lower speed.